Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Slow Love


Last evening, a group of us gathered at the Borders bookstore in Fairfield to hear a presentation by Dominique Browning. Dominique has just written the book Slow Love. I have been following her blog Slow Love Life and I was looking forward to seeing her in person and hearing more about her book.

As the minutes counted down, the audience - mostly women - sat and whispered quietly in anticipation. Soon, Dominique was being introduced and to our surprise she rose from a seat within our group.



She introduced us to her book - the result of reinventing herself after losing her job as editor-in-chief of House and Garden magazine combined with her children leaving home and the ending of a long relationship.

I was delighted to hear her read excerpts from the book; it means so much more when you are able to hear the author's words in their own voice. She answered questions with honesty and humor.  Dominique has such a warm, compassionate manner that it soon felt like a group of friends sharing thoughts over a cup of coffee.

Too soon it was over but I was delighted to get the chance to meet her and chat one-on-one, and have my book signed. 


And this book!  It is beautiful, colorful, a handy little size - a gem.  I am looking forward to unwrapping the stories that are inside, sharing the journey and savoring the beauty that unfolds.

Dominique is just starting out on her book tour.  If she comes to a town near you, I urge you to go meet her and hear her share the journey of Slow Love

Meanwhile, find the book and share the journey with her there. 

Marcy 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about this book, it sounds great (especially the staying in one's pajama part, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like she has really had a wonderful impact on you. I will have to see if she is coming near me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in the conversation! I appreciate your thoughts.