Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ahh....

I'm back from a Thanksgiving vacation...at home!  Very relaxing...and got a lot done.

It started on Thanksgiving with my mom, sister and her kids arriving for Thanksgiving dinner.  There was lots of food. 




Hubby and son always make the mince pie.  When it came time to make the slits, do you think they did "M" for mince? Or a pattern?  Oh yes, a pattern!  Do you see the basketball court?  Yes, that was the design of choice for the mince pie!



I love setting the table.  I had an old family quilt that I used down the center of the table and an old wooden bowl that I put gourds and leaves in for the centerpiece.



This is our second Thanksgiving without my mother-in-law.  She had collected lots of dishes but my favorites are the Thanksgiving ones ['His Majesty' from Johnson Brothers].  We miss her but using her china is a nice remembrance of her and is a way to "bring her to the table" with us.



It was wonderful to have time with my family, to have time to rest, and time to work hard at home.  I am so grateful for all that I have.  And, you are part of that.  Thank you so much for spending time with me here!

Marcy

7 comments:

  1. wonderful!
    I adore the quilt on the table. The china is beautiful. (how many sets of china do you have? where do you store them? I could have a china talk with you longer than etiquette allows in this space...)
    But mostly the pie! love the basketball court. next year- watch out for their favorite play, diagramed in crust...
    blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a special thanksgiving with your family! I love the extra touch of adding the family quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looked beautiful, Love the dishes! so happy to hear you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving,
    wishing you a happy holiday season,
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcy, your table is so pretty. The pies even look wonderful to me...you know we've all eaten so much already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw a comment by you at One Crafty Momma's blog. Noticed we both spell our names the same which I don't see often. Wanted to stop by and introduce myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hopped over here from The Nester's place. Oh, you do set a beautiful table! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your Johnson Brothers china! Such a beautiful table! I have a piece of an old quilt top that I bought at auction, and now I know exactly what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in the conversation! I appreciate your thoughts.