Monday, August 9, 2010

I’ve changed…

I’m just back from BlogHer10 and my head is ready to explode! This is the first BlogHer conference that I’ve attended. I feel there is so much that I took in… so much to contemplate…and so much to act upon. I feel like I could burst!

I was so excited and nervous to attend. I wasn’t sure what to expect. Robin’s {Pensieve} advice ‘Be brave, be bold, make the 1st move’ stayed in my head through the weekend. I did just that and the response each time was so positive – people were so welcoming and friendly.

And I think that was one of things that made this weekend so wonderful… these people (mostly women and some men) are committed, active, interested, passionate, caring and smart. Their blog might be big or small but their heart is in it. And they are willing to share.

And the session speakers – wow! – the speakers were so knowledgeable and were willing to tell about their experiences. They came prepared with thoughtful information and tips, as well as a willingness to help share information for everyone to obtain whatever they want for their own blog.

The conference speakers were some of the most powerful presentations. First, international bloggers who truly risked their lives to be able to have a voice for the women and communities that they represented. I felt so humble to listen to their heroic challenges. And then the keynote speakers – strong, confident, women leaders – with the message to get involved – to be active – to create change.

There is so much more… but I’ll have to leave it at that for tonight. It was a conference unlike any other that I’ve attended… and I’ve changed… I’m not sure yet where that will take me but I’m looking forward to the journey!

Marcy

4 comments:

  1. Marcy....I will be VERY interested in where you go from here with all this valuable information. I had not heard of this conference for some reason.
    God has been giving me such a heart recently for women of other cultures that are so badly mistreated and ignored for their creativey, widsom and simply their value as human beings.

    PLEASE drop over to my blog and leave a message so that I know when you are posting about this again. I often miss posts...as I am busy with projects here at home and then don't check my blog for a day.
    My addy is victorianrose07@gmail.com if you care to email me however.
    Hope you took copious notes..and will share them with us..or any links that they provided for you.

    Thank you...glad you had a good time and feel INSPIRED.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcy,

    Great to meet you in NYC. My head is still spinning from all the activities, exhibitors and information. Enjoy the journey!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prospeke International, Professional speaker agency and bureau. Our business speakers are professionals in their field, delivering after dinner, keynote, workshop and conference presentations that are motivational, thought-provoking and educational for any event.you are having a wonderful posts so i always like to visit to your blog and found this post very interesting.
    Keynote speaker/s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh...I'm excited to hear all about the details of the conference. I have read about it on other blogs, meaning others who went, but I want to know what exactly it was all about!
    I had NO idea you were going...it's been a while since I popped on over here, sorry, and you didn't breathe a word of this to the mom's group!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in the conversation! I appreciate your thoughts.